Pipettes with capacity graduation are used to dispense liquids. Graduated pipettes for complete delivery are called serological pipettes. Graduated pipettes are calibrated ”Ex” (to deliver): The imprinted volume refers to the delivered amount of liquid.
- Class B (shortline graduation)
- Class AS (fast delivery, circular graduation at main points). ”A” stands for highest accuracy, ”S” for fast delivery. The tolerances of class AS are half of the tolerances of class B according to DIN ISO standards.
- Class AS conformity certified (fast delivery, circular graduation at main points): Conformity means compliance with the German Calibration Regulations and the relevant standards. By imprinting the conformity symbol ”H” we confirm that the measuring device complies with these conditions. A batch certificate of conformity is supplied together with every box. On request individual certificates of conformity are available.
- the amber stain graduation penetrates into the glass surface and is, therefore, more resistant than the blue, fused-on enamel graduation
- the blue graduation is fused on the glass and resistant against most acid and alkaline solutions
On request Marienfeld Superior graduated pipettes are also offered with Schellbach stripe. This stripe at the back of the instrument facilitates reading precisely the meniscus of a liquid.
- made of soda lime glass
- low risk of breakage
- especially formed tips and ends, bevelled and fire-polished
- calibrated tips provide short and practice-oriented waiting time
- with colour coding for easy identification
- with indication of tolerance
- as from 5 ml capacity with constricted upper end to retain cotton plug. A cotton plug placed above the constriction prevents an overflow of the pipette. Furthermore, it can extend the waiting time and thereby influence the accuracy of the measuring.
- well legible numbers and graduations
- for complete delivery
- graduated to tip, zero at top
Do not mouth pipette!